Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"You are my brother..."

Okay, so for those of you who watch American Idol, you may recognize the guy, Renaldo Lapuz, in this picture from the Dallas Auditions!

Well, here he is again, this time posing with Mark and I
We only had our cell phones with us, so these were taken with the cell phone camera! It was the craziest thing... we were leaving our mall at 8:30 at night and we walked by him and I thought he looked familiar. We got a few feet past and I looked at Mark and said that is the guy from American Idol who sang that "You are my brother... " song. Mark went back to verify and then introduced himself. The singer had his hat with him that he wore on the audition and he got it out and took some pictures with us! Crazy huh?

6 comments:

Jami said...

Kristi, that is HILARIOUS you ran into that guy!!! And who could forget him?! Paula was dancing, Randy was singing and Simon was egging him on to sing it over and over for like 5 minutes. Lawrence and I laughed thru his entire audition. You should've taken some camera video of him singing that song with you guys. Oh, I would've peed my pants!!!! :0)

Stefany Pew said...

HAAAAA HAA!!! I barely get to watch American Idol because I have volleyball practice on that night but I happened to be home and saw that episode and I couldn't stop laughing at that guy. His song was hilarious and I knew that he was going to be famous for the rest of his life for that. How funny!!!

The Van Fam said...

Hahaha That is so funny! We could not stop laughing when we saw that guy on American Idol! By the way, I don't know if you have your guys correct email but I set my blog to private so email us your email address so I can add you to our list.

Jamie & Johnny said...

SWEET! And I love that you are wearing the hat.

Gates & Tausha said...

nice claim to FAME!!! was he funny in real life?! any insight on if he was joking or serious about that song? haha...fun!! and I LOVE the mixing some poop up pictures! haha

jenny said...

Hilarious! So the question is did you start singing his song??