Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Another year older.... wiser too?

For those of you who don't know, Mark's and my birthday are a day apart. His is today and mine was yesterday. So, we get to have a couple of fun days. I will admit that it is completely different with two nine month olds. Before, we would just hop in the car and go to dinner and be back whenever. Yesterday I got to choose where we were to go... which means pick a restaurant that if the babies are loud it won't bother anyone and where service is pretty quick to make sure we get home for baths and bedtime. So, we went to this restaurant called "Love and War". It is super yummy! Mark would rather have a meal at home than wrestle with the kids so he wants me to make stuffed shells. Another yummy meal. So....

Happy Birthday to the love of my life!

Mark wanted Funfetti Cupcakes, which I made into a cake

Mark made me an ice cream/brownie cake.

It was excellent!

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy happy birthday to the both of you. Looks like you both had yumminess on your special days. Wish were we there to celebrate and add to the chaos.
I know the pains of selling and building. I wish you all the luck with yours. We can't wait until you're all here. :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you! Both look yummy! I know how the whole resturant thing goes!!

Stefany Pew said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! How fun to have your birthday's so close together. And how sad that you didn't have a babysitter on your birthday celebration. If I lived close by, I would've taken those little cutie-pies in a heart beat and let you both stay out all night!!! Next year when you live here maybe! :)

The Booher's said...

I thought about both of you guys on your b-days but I cant find your dang phone number, everytime I write it down, Chloe colors on the paper and I end up tossing it. So I hope you had a great birthday, you are so young! And beautiful too! I cant wait to see you guys when you come for Thanksgivng! I will call my mom when she gets back in town and get your number and give you a call! Love you! Buffy

Tina said...

Hey, Hope you had a marvelous day!! How fun to have a birthday so close to your husbands. It makes the celebration last longer and you get cake twice in one week. Does it get better than that?!?
Hey, what are your plans for Saturday night? I hear our husbands have made plans to be together.

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Happy Birthday you OLD guys! Good thing your moving, your getting a bit too old for us to hang out with you!!

The Gourley's said...

I didn't know it was your birthdays..Happy Birthday's to both of you. You should of called and asked me to babysit, and you could of gone out for a nice long dinner....this Grammy could use a baby fix. I am leaving Tues. will be back about 5th of Nov...going to get my babyfix in Phx. Love to you both...I will call when Iam home again. Grammy LeAnn

Jami said...

Okay, so I'm a little "belated", but HAPPY BIRTHDAYs! :0) And to answer your post title, yes you are wiser too. For instance, I bet last year you didn't know so much about barf and poop than you do this year.... So sad, but we mothers know WAY too much about bodily functions now. HA HA.

Kiriam said...

happy late birthday !!

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was fun even though you had those cute little twins to tag along.

jenny said...

Happy birthday guys!! Hey I drove by your town on the way to Cali. Any chance you could move closer. It's an hour from Chandler!!